Saturday, May 07, 2005

Copyright Concerns Silence Major Podcasting


The first podcasting by a major US radio station has been halted over copyright concerns. Steve Dahl, broadcaster of Infinity radio, notes on his site:
Although it seems like it would be simply time-shifted streaming, podcasting is not currently considered "streaming" and is not covered under Infinity ASCAP, BMI, and SESAC licenses or under the statutory streaming license. So for now, I am suspending the daily podcasts and also the downloads of the show, since they seem to fall under the same heading as the podcasts...
I never got my podcasting software up and running. Guess I still have a lack of interest there, even though I find it somewhat intriguing that it's a brain child of Dutch glamourman Adam Curry, mostly known here for his VJ-ing, helicopter rides and soap opera marriage turned into a reality show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home